One day while working, I noticed an issue with my new worktable. The wood was splitting, and a shelf had sagged to the point where the supporting post came out. Needless to say, I was not happy.
So off I go to the hardware store, got some really hard wood and had the pieces cut to my specifications.
I took the top off [the base is in two pieces to make moving it easier], then I turned each base piece on its top so I could reinforce the underside of each shelf and replace the split piece of wood. I also used screws to attach the support braces. The underside support pieces were placed on the diagonal.
I turned both parts of the base cabinets right side up and repainted the inside and all parts that show. I used a second coat as well. After everything was dry and secure, I replaced the top.
Then I noticed that the paint on the walls wasn’t very fresh looking. So, I repainted the whole room. As a result, I rearranged a few things because I noticed the flow of my work would be more efficient. I also decided to store things in a closet that I don’t use often. It was during all of this I acquired a Thor GC 1341 Leather machine. This is a cylinder machine that also has a flat bed attachment for larger projects. The BEAST as I call her.
The end result of all of this is increased lighting, more room to walk, less clutter, and a far better organization system. I ONLY keep my most often used reference books in the sewing studio. My other books that are not used often are kept in the living room. I try to keep the volume down in the studio so I have more room to work.